The staff of EAT, Inc. includes teachers with extensive knowledge and experience in the classroom. These master teachers can provide professional development to schools, districts, or statewide initiatives for a vast array of topics including content specific PD, research based pedagogical approaches, integration of STEM, implementation and effective use of technology, or curriculum alignment. We provide specialized training that focuses on understanding of content through engaging activities, learning cycles, inquiry, and appropriately embedded technology. We have staff to cover most STEM areas and over 100 years of experience in K-12 classrooms. The presenters are master teachers. EAT, Inc. is authorized by the Texas Education Agency to provide CEU credits to teachers attending their professional development sessions.
Education Assessment and Training is experienced as an external or internal evaluator for a wide variety of projects funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Education (DoE), Math Science Partnership Grants (MSP), Noyce, Advanced Technology Education (ATE), Improving Teacher Quality (ITQ), and privately funded grants.
EAT, Inc. staff are experts in providing services to educators and education programs.
- Program/project review, assessment, and/or evaluation.
- Providing engaging and effective professional development for teachers in STEM areas, specifically physics and physical science.
- Assisting with district curriculum alignment and implementation.
- Providing lessons designed around 5E inquiry based learning cycles for grades K-12
- Providing lessons which integrate into science and math and literature
- Providing STEM lessons for students in K-12.
- Provide program evaluation for national, state, and local education projects and grants
- Helping educators analyze classroom data in order to inform instruction and increase student understanding and success.
- Providing low tech and high tech resources for teachers that equip them to be confident and focused in the classroom
- Providing training in the use of technology in the classroom as a means to collect scientific evidence including the use of IPads, IPods, and IPhones as well as Vernier and PASCO probes.